October 3rd, 2012 | By Alex Wilkinson
A couple of days ago on Kickstarter saw the latest project from Phr00t in his fantastic Sci-Fi series. 3089 is the fourth installment in the futuristic 3D open world action RPG with randomly generated terrain, items, weapons, and from the looks of it everything else as well.
It is very exciting to see the series develop phenomenally from the 2D top down state into what is now proposed to be a full 3D randomly generated smooth flowing seemingly endless world.
These are some of the key features that make 3089 really unique:
- Terrain will be smoothly generated (no more blocky gaming)
- Much more procedural generation in endless biome types and textures
- Unique quests made from individually generated task lists
- Randomly generated vehicles, from small hovercrafts to large ships
- Weapons construction & customization based on individual parts
- Limitless height & depths
- Dynamic lighting
- Complete storyline with procedurally generated exploring
- Integrated physics engine
It really sounds that Phr00t is really pulling out all the stops and really upping the ante from 3079 in lovingly expanding the series. 3079 was a huge success and I have high expectations that the sequel 3089 will at least reach the same level but will more than likely surpass the previous title.
3089 seems to be pulling together a load of new and great ideas into this Sci-Fi world in an ever evolving and changing world, really giving each individual player a unique and memorable experience.
3089 is currently in the early stages of development and is live on Kickstarter now. Phr00t set a very modest goal of $1 000 with the vast amount spent on modeling characters and sprites in the game. However don’t let the low figure fool you as all extra funds will be used to develop the game to an even greater extent. The low goal is simply to cover the minimum, however all extra on top will really improve 3089 and help make it the game Phr00t envisioned it to be.
If you are a fan of the series or love the look of 3089 then please back it on Kickstarter here.