Have you ever dreamed of being a game journalist? Do you want to be featured on the front page of IGM? Do you like getting indie games for free? Well, we have an opportunity for you to achieve everything just listed! As a part of our new reader and developer focused initiative, we announced that we would be holding a contest each week for users to submit articles to the magazine, and have the possibility of them getting published on our site! Ahead are more details on the requirement for entry:
- Entries must be at least 500 words long
- Entries must be opinion pieces
- Entries cannot contain vulgarity (sorry)
- Entries must cover indie gaming or indie games
- Entries must contain at least 2 photos of the discussed game or topic.
- Entries are submitted by email to email@example.com with the title “Community Submission”
- Emails must include the title of the article, the writer’s name, and contact info for the writer (email or Twitter please).
- Optionally, readers may submit a picture of themselves (nothing crude please) to be featured on the front page.
As added incentive, if fame, popularity, and writing experience are not enough, we will also be giving out codes to our top 3 submissions. Codes will vary in what game they unlock, but will all be PC codes. Our reader submission feature will be on the front page every Thursday at 11:00am EST. The deadline each week will be Tuesday at 12:00am EST. Every entry after that will be judged for the following weeks reader-submitted feature. If support is strong enough we will feature the winner as the main feature and the three runners-up as subfeatures. We hope to begin featuring user posts next week on the 11th of October and will announce the code giveaway soon.
If you have any questions, or I inevitably missed something, please let me know by commenting below or by contacting me on Twitter @indiepeteyigm. We are extremely excited for user submissions and cannot wait to feature your articles! If you would like to discuss your opinion piece topic with the writers of IGM, I have created a forum topic for doing so, which can be found here. You can get feedback from our staff as though you are pitching your topic in a writing room! Also, check out today’s news on indiegamemag.com, your source for all things indie gaming!