September 25th, 2012 | By Alex Wilkinson
In the current time when all things zombie have ignited the pop culture circles it is often hard to not find a story pertaining to zombies in any way shape or form. InSignia Studios are yet continuing this current zombie trend with their latest game Total Decay a turn based strategy game.
Total Decay is still under heavy development but at least from what InSignia Studios have been saying about it I have high hopes for this new title. Total Decay mixes Turn based strategy, RPG, Empire building, Sandbox and zombie survival assets to allow for a unique title putting a new spin on the zombie apocalypse genre.
The idea of Total Decay is to survive for as long as you can, it is not to win, no one can win but merely survive. It is an interesting idea and I do like this idea as it take a lot of the influence from sandbox titles such as Sim City where eventually you fail but the replayability is in the way you learn and adapt for the next playthrough.
It is a great way to take the zombie scene and although a few games have done this sort of thing in the past it has always been on a more limited scale, or so I found.
Some of the key features are:
- Dozens of weapons, armor and clothing
- A wide range of random events, ranging from bandit attacks to raiding slavers, travelling merchants to fleeing refugees and zombie hordes breaking down your settlement walls
- An unending procedurally generated city
- Leveling system for each individual survivor
- Dozens of unique building that you can upgrade to give you powerful bonuses
The game sounds great from all that I have read, I just hope that the imagining becomes the reality next year with this highly customizable and deep strategy game.
Read up on the entire article on indiedb here, and be sure to check back to The Indie Game Magazine for all the latest news as it breaks.