March 19th, 2012 | By Chris Priestman
Space Pirates And Zombies is to update on March 19th at 10:00am PST, this will add the Bounty Hunter Expansion for free and give you a whole load more to do!
Ah yes, the game we awarded the title of Game of the Year 2011 – SPAZ will be getting its big, free expansion today (March 19th) at 10am PST. Contained within this v1.500 update will be a number of juicy things – the addition of the Bounty Hunter faction, the Arena, AlienFX support and a whole host of other fixes. Rather than interpret them for you we’re just leave the changelog here in its full, glorious form.
Before we get on that though, we need to inform you that SPAZ will also be going on a 75% off sale on Steam as well, so it will cost $2.49 with the free expansion pack as well. Not bad for a game that we highly recommend! Anyway, TO THE CHANGE LOG!
Added Bounty Hunter Faction
– 10 new advanced and highly tunable Bounty Hunter ship hulls.
– Player can also obtain new bounty hunter ships
– Global Bounty/Respect system
– Bounty Hunter Starbases (Strongholds)
– Hire Bounty Hunters as ambient helpers
– Hire Bounty Hunters to clear warp gates
– Hire Bounty Hunters to clear infections (Chapter 4)
– Bounty Hunters can insert themselves into any mission within their borders.
– Extortion demands on leaving their systems
– Additional Chapter 4 BH protection/resistance strategic element.
– Achievement for destroying a Chapter 4 bounty hunter stronghold.
– Bounty Hunter audio chatter
– Arena accessible through Bounty Hunter Strongholds
– 150 Challenges Total
– 10 ladders
– 5 tiers per ladder
– 3 difficulties per Tier
– Specialist reward for beating a ladder on each difficulty level.
– Achievement for winning all arena events
Added AlienFX™ Support (Requires AlienFX™ lighting hardware and DLLs)
– Lighting Modes (per light):
– Nebula Color (default)
– Ship Status
– Capacitor Capacity
– Hull Integrity
– Shield Integrity
– Custom Coloring
– Projectile 20% weaker vs. Shields.
– Projectiles 12.5% weaker vs. Armor
– Projectiles 33% weaker vs. Hull
– Explosives 12.5% stronger vs. Armor
– Explosives 20% stronger vs. Hull
– Energy 10% stronger vs. Hull
– Specialist drop chance 150% higher
– All hulls have 100% more health
– Mass Bomb secondary explosions 20% sooner
– Individual Star system tech level spending rebalanced to prevent grind
– Reworked tech tree to be deterministic and evenly distributed
– 50% more research blue prints distributed on game start
– Energy Burst Cannon damage lowered 25%
– Zombie critter damage 33% lower
– Zombie critter max population 33% lower
– Point defense damage increased 50%
– No faction relation changes on mothership assaults
– Weapon boosters 20% less effective
– Huge core mining beam available on any huge beam mount
– Torpedoes do 20% less damage
– Torpedoes have 50% less health
– Early story flow distributed better to prevent long system jumping grinds
– Double mount turret from 3 to 2 blueprints
– Fusion Beams 30% longer range
– Mass driver damage lowered 33%
– 4 Black boxes per huge hull from 6 (to combat Bounty Hunters better)
– If frame rate dips, effects are less likely to play.
– Gravity missiles from rare to uncommon
– Huge ship AI upgrade. Much better at attacking stations and kiting.
– High capacity reactor given better charge rate, only 5% less than basic.
– Double turrets from rare to uncommon
– Large goon pod pickups at mothership and beacon now report 10 goons instead of 1
– Round off error with Slaver bonuses.
– Optimization pass to many systems.
– Save game CRC checker to prevent corruption