September 10th, 2012 | By Alex Wilkinson
It is that time of year again where Xbox Live is taken over by indie games, over the next two weeks expect to see a broad showcase highlighting the diversity, talent and potential on Xbox Live as a whole. Indie Games Uprising is all about the community and this year is no different as the organisers look over the best of indie games on the Xbox platform and select the ones they feel will fit into the model they are trying to promote.
The games featured in the Indie Games Uprising III are as follows:
- Mon 10th – Qrth-Phyl ($1): Arcade Documentary of maze/dot/snake mechanics within changing dimensions.
- Tue 11th – Sententia ($1): Is an art game that explores the challenges we face to keep our imagination alive as we grow. An interesting puzzler with some much deeper messages.
- Wed 12th – Diehard Dungeon ($1): Randomly generated dungeons for each game you play keeping this dungeon crawler fresh in this interesting take on the genre.
- Thu 13th – Gateways ($3): A 2D platformer with a twist, Gateways introduces the ability to place two gateways around the levels allowing the user to traverse time and space.
- Fri 14th – Smooth Operators ($1): A sim game set in a call centre environment focusing greatly around interactions with employees in the ever more difficult world of business.
- Mon 17th – Entropy ($1): Is a puzzle platformer at its heart however it allows the manipulation of physics phenomenon to perform otherwise impossible tasks.
- Tue 18th - City Tuesday ($1): Is a puzzle platformer where you are stuck reliving the same five minutes before a terrorist attack. You have to question the city’s residents to find and defuse the bomb in time.
- Wed 19th – XenoMiner ($1): Is an action adventure sandbox game set on a moon. You must figure out using only your own intellect and this seemingly barren moon to thrive and survive.
- Thu 20th – Pixel ($1): To succeed in this first person puzzle shooter you need to manipulate the environment to traverse the ever more difficult levels.
I hope that with these promising title this year’s Indie Games Uprising will be bigger than ever, so head over to the Xbox Live to participate in this two week long event. Remember that this event is highly geared towards the community so if you do infact like the title be sure to rate it accordingly and spread the word!