User Tag List

Thread: 39 Days to Mars (a co-operative steampunk survival adventure)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool 39 Days to Mars (a co-operative steampunk survival adventure)

39 Days to Mars is a co-operative steampunk survival-adventure game. You play as Sir Albert Wickes and The Right Honourable Clarence Baxter, two 18th century explorers who have been chosen to pilot the HMS Fearful on its maiden voyage to Mars.

I've just funded the game on Kickstarter, check out the pitch video and then read more about it below.

39 Days to Mars is a coffee-break game, with a mix of puzzle-adventure and resource management. The individual activities and clear in-game days make it perfect for playing in short sessions. With two lead characters it's possible to play co-operatively with a friend. There's a mix of action and at an estimated 20 minutes per expedition the game won't wear you out, leaving you fresh for a new adventure. Most of the game is set in the HMS Fearful. To survive the trip to Mars, Albert and Baxter need to regularly eat, sleep, and amuse themselves (so as not to die of boredom). This would be easier if the fire hadn't run out of coal and if bedsprings weren't so squeaky. The Mechanical Navigation Computer has got a virus, the Interstellar Transport Engine is low on fuel, and Baxter snores. It will take all of your talents and a little bit of good luck to get both pilots to Mars in one piece.

I'm currently drawing the artwork, designing the gameplay, and writing and recording the dialogue. I hope to create a strong "romantic age of steam travel" feeling as you play the game. With the graphics and dialogue coming together I'm pretty excited about it!

Lend a hand to my project on Kickstarter

Discuss the game on Steam Greenlight Concepts

Support 39 Days to Mars on Facebook

Or follow updates on twitter

I'd love to hear your comments and answer any questions you have about my game.
    Last edited by surrealix; 02-10-2014 at 04:31 AM.