September 27th, 2011 | By James Attard
Arcen Games, the creators of AI War, have announced that the public beta for their next title, A Valley Without Winds, is now available. The game is described as a procedurally-generated 2D side-scrolling adventure of limitless proportions that will have you exploring a world filled with dangerous creatures, powerful magic and ancient technology all while helping others establish settlements.
The game is set to include the following features
- Explore the beautiful and dangerous regions of Environ in a sprawling adventure. Travel through lush countryside, ruined towns, deep subterranean caves, and buildings of all shapes and sizes.
- Procedural-generation ensures no two worlds will ever be the same. Your planet unfolds as you discover it, and once you’ve discovered something it becomes part of your Environ for good.
- Take command of survivor settlements. Scout surrounding areas for rare crafting materials and fend off invaders in the turn-based strategic overlay. Improve resident productivity and quality of life through the city-building interface at each settlement.
- Bring to life an infinite amount of characters, settings and stories. You don’t just represent an individual, you represent an entire civilization and its indomitable will to survive in a shattered world.
- Everywhere has treasures to discover, people to help, and evils to confront. Craft a variety of spells, scrolls, and traps to help you on your way.
- During beta, there are new updates nearly every weekday — packed with additional content, improvements, and much more.
A Valley Without Wind is currently available for pre-order at 50% off and will entitle you to the game and all subsequent updates in the future.
The game is set for a release in the first quarter of 2012. For more information or to download the beta be sure to check out the Arcen Games website.