As of writing this post, there is only 15 Hours left for our Kickstarter Project: http://kck.st/9gLBJw
I thought it would be interesting to share some statistics and information about the Kickstarter Service.
- Approximately 40% of KS projects reach their funding goal. A large portion of the projects that do not succeed, fail to raise a single dollar.
- There have been approximately 13 ‘indie game’ projects on Kickstarter – with only 3 not reaching their funding goal (76.9% Success Rate)
- Kickstarter has successfully funded around 9,000 projects. Raising over $20,000,000 for independent creative projects.
- 6 of the top 8 largest Kickstarter fundraising totals have happened in the past couple of weeks.
- 90% of projects that hit 30% of their funding target are eventually successful. 30% is the magic number.
- Our project reached the 30% goal in the first week and was 100% funded with approx. 2 weeks to spare.
- While your project fundraising period can be set anywhere between 30 and 90 days. According to the numbers, the most successful fundraising duration is 30 days. The least successful: 90 days. (Ours was 45 days)
- Did you know that Kickstarter was originally conceived as a way to save Arrested Development? Arrested Development happens to be one of my favorite shows of all time. The idea was to raise enough money in preorder DVD sales to warrant Fox picking up the Emmy winning show for a 4th season.