Here at IGM, we want as many people to embrace indie games as possible. If you’re an indie developer, we need your help and would LOVE to talk to you about your game. We don’t care if you are a one-man team or a multi-man team; we want to play your independent game. If you are an independent developer, marketing and getting your game out there is one of the hardest things to do. Hopefully, this page of links and tips will help you get your game reviewed and featured in not only the Indie Game Mag but on other sites and magazines as well.
First off, we hope that you will take a moment to add yourself to our indie game developer mailing list. We won’t spam you! We send indie developers great advertising discounts every once in awhile.
Indie Developer Newsletter
We love doing interviews with indies because it gives them an opportunity to talk about their game in their own words, gives our readers some insight into what being an indie developer is all about, and it gives us a chance to better interact with the indie game community. We’ve uploaded a lot of our standard questions which you can answer at any time of the day. It’s a great tool that allows us to quickly put together interviews for the magazine and website. Don’t be afraid to contact us about scheduling a more in-depth and personal interview as well. We love to do interviews via phone, Skype, or email as well.
- Answer some Standard Questions that we can use to quickly put an interview together
- Contact Us about Interviewing you and your Studio
A few Quick Tips about Contacting IGM (…and other media)
- Keep it short and to the point – we get a ton of marketing, press, and other spammy emails.
- Personalize it - Writing “Dear IGM, we’re big fans of your magazine and would love for you to show off our new game” goes a long way.
- Be Yourself – We’re not owned by some huge corporation, so don’t act like you are one. Show off your personality in your email.
- Links – include links to your game, demo, website etc. – make it easy for us to learn about your game
- Videos & Screenshots – these are great things that we can put right in our post and story so make them easy to get to
- Press Materials – zip up your best videos, screenshots, logos, etc into one convenient file that we can download